Usually ready in 24 hours
From gran fondos to solo rides, this lightweight composite road bike features endurance geometry and built-in compliance. Smooth and fast, all day long.
Defy Advanced Pro features a host of innovative technologies including a D-Fuse composite seatpost and Contact SLR D-Fuse composite handlebar. These components add compliance and reduce road shocks and vibrations. The Advanced-grade composite frame is also integrated for disc brakes, with flat-mount disc brake tabs and 12mm front and rear thru-axles, plus clearance for high-volume tires up to 35mm. The oversized and tapered OverDrive 2 steerer tube boosts cornering precision, while the MegaDrive downtube and PowerCore bottom bracket deliver precise handling and class-leading pedaling efficiency.
- Engineered compliance: Advanced Composite frame is specifically engineered for endurance road riding, delivering a smooth ride quality and less fatigue on long rides. The D-Fuse seatpost and handlebar absorb road shocks and vibrations.
- Total control: Disc brake integration, including flat mounts and 12mm front and rear thru-axles, produces more consistent braking power for better control, even in wet weather and rough roads.
- Versatility: Endurance road geometry, added tire clearance (up to 35mm) and disc-brake integration allow you to tackle a variety of roads and conditions, from smooth pavement to rugged backroads and mountain passes.
- Frame Advanced-Grade Composite, disc
- Fork Advanced-Grade Composite, full-composite OverDrive 2 steerer, disc
- Rims Giant SLR 1 36 Carbon Disc WheelSystem
- Hubs Giant SLR 1 36 Carbon Disc WheelSystem, 12mm thru-axle
- Spokes Giant SLR 1 36 Carbon Disc WheelSystem
- Tires Giant Gavia Fondo 1, tubeless, 700x32c (33.5mm), folding
- Bottom Bracket Shimano, press fit
- Crankset Shimano Ultegra, 34/50
- Shifters Shimano Ultegra Di2
- Front Derailleur Shimano Ultegra Di2
- Rear Derailleur Shimano Ultegra Di2
- Cassette/Freewheel Shimano Ultegra, 12-speed, 11x34
- Chain Shimano Ultegra
- Brakes Shimano Ultegra Di2 hydraulic, Shimano RT-MT800 rotors [F]160mm, [R]140mm
- Brake Levers Shimano Ultegra Di2
- Handlebars Giant Contact SLR D-Fuse
- Tape/Grips Stratus Lite 3.0
- Stem Giant Contact SL
- Seatpost Giant D-Fuse SLR, composite, -5/+15mm offset
- Saddle Giant Fleet SL
- Accessories & Extras computer mount, tubeless prepared, 35mm max tire size