This ultratough watch features a solar charged display and rugged 50 mm polymer case. It’s water-rated to 100 meters and tested to U.S. military 810 standards for thermal, shock and water resistance.
With a design built for action and the features to support your high-energy lifestyle, this watch is always ready for adventure. Plus, its bold styling clearly shows the world that you do things your own way.
Go longer than ever with solar charging with unlimited battery life in smartwatch mode1. Plus, power manager lets you extend battery life by controlling what settings and sensors draw power.
Solar charging Power Glass™ lens extends battery life, producing 50% more energy than the Instinct® 2 Solar. Go longer with the potential for unlimited solar-charged battery life in smartwatch mode1.
To help guide your way in low-light conditions, a built-in multi-LED flashlight provides variable intensities and strobe that matches your running cadence — plus a red safety light mode to help keep an eye on your nighttime surroundings.
Receive and utilize multiple frequencies sent by navigation satellites, which enable improved user position accuracy specifically in areas where GNSS signals are reflected, weak or typically do not penetrate.
Navigate your next trail with ABC sensors, including an altimeter for elevation data, barometer to monitor weather and 3-axis electronic compass.
Take the guesswork out of your return journey by using this feature to navigate the same route back to your starting point.
Keep track of a known place — such as your car or the trailhead — relative to your location, and easily find your way back to it.
Receive emails, texts and alerts right on your watch when paired with your compatible smartphone.
Download custom watch faces, add data fields, and get apps and widgets from the Connect IQ Store app on your compatible smartphone.
Breeze through checkout lines and select transit systems with Garmin Pay contactless payments through participating providers.
If you feel unsafe or if your watch senses that an incident occurred, assistance and incident detection features3 can send a message with your location to your emergency contacts when paired with your compatible smartphone.
Easily see your plans for the day with a dedicated calendar screen when paired with your compatible smartphone.
Do whatever you love with preloaded activity profiles for running, cycling, swimming, strength training, indoor climbing, skiing, snowboarding, golf, yoga, Pilates and more.
Track your performance during obstacle course events — with split times recorded between running and obstacle sections while you race. After manually recording splits during your first loop, you can focus solely on the race from there as splits will be automatically recorded. Then, review your stats after the race.
This activity profile tracks your HIIT workouts, including AMRAP, EMOM, Tabata and custom. Set the number of rounds, work/rest intervals and more.
Train smarter with VO2 max, an indicator of how you can expect to perform. It even accounts for changes in performance that could be caused by heat or altitude.
View your entire week of daily suggested workouts, which adapt after every run or ride to match your performance and recovery as well as the races coming up in your Garmin Connect smartphone app calendar.
After each workout, recovery time lets you know when you’ll be ready for another hard workout. It even accounts for training intensity and factors such as stress, daily activity and sleep.
Get heart rate4 data along with alerts if your heart rate stays too high or too low while you’re at rest. Gauge how hard your heart is working during activities.
Get a full breakdown of your light, deep and REM sleep stages. View it all on a dedicated widget that includes your sleep score and insights.
Receive an overview of your sleep, recovery and training outlook as soon as you wake up — alongside HRV status and weather. You can even customize your report to show you what you want to see.
Optimize your body’s energy reserves, using heart rate variability, stress, sleep and other data to gauge when you’re ready to be active or when you may need to rest.
For altitude acclimation or sleep monitoring, a Pulse Ox sensor5 uses light beams at your wrist to estimate how well your body is absorbing oxygen.
Gain a deeper understanding of your overall health, training and recovery through heart rate variability while you sleep, based on technology developed by our Firstbeat Analytics™ team.
Instinct 2X Solar: This bold, rugged GPS smartwatch is tough enough to keep up with you and unique enough to fit your style. Plus, solar charging gives you unlimited battery life in smartwatch mode. Do more of what you love with preloaded activity profiles and stay connected with smart notifications, Garmin Pay™ contactless payments and Connect IQ™ app integration. The Tactical Edition offers dedicated tactical features, such as night vision goggle compatibility, waypoint projection, ballistics solver and dual-position GPS format - to keep you mission ready.
• NEW Built-In Flashlight: To help guide your way in low-light conditions, a built-in multi-LED flashlight provides variable intensities and strobe that matches your run cadence - plus a red safety light mode (green safety light mode in Tactical Edition) to help keep an eye on your nighttime surroundings.
• NEW Multi-Band Frequency Support: Receive and utilize multiple frequencies sent by navigation satellites, which enable improved user position accuracy.
• NEW Obstacle Course Racing: Track and improve your performance by tracking your obstacle split times separately from the runs between obstacles.
• NEW Morning Report: Receive an overview of your sleep, recovery and training outlook as soon as you wake up - alongside HRV status and weather. You can even customize your report to show you what you want to see.
• NEW HRV Status: Gain a deeper understanding of your overall health, training and recovery through heart rate variability while you sleep, based on technology developed by our Firstbeat Analytics team.
• Solar Powered: Solar charging Power Glass lens extends battery life, producing 50% more energy than the Instinct 2 Solar. Go longer with the potential for unlimited solar-charged battery life in smartwatch mode.
• Built-In Sports Apps: Do more of what you love with preloaded activity profiles for running, cycling, swimming, strength training, indoor climbing, skiing, snowboarding, golf, yoga, Pilates and more.
Additional Key Features - Tactical Edition
• NEW Ballistics Solver: Unlock the Applied Ballistics solver via the AB Synapse - Garmin app (unlock fee required) to access aiming solution for long-range shooting in the field.
• Tactical Activity: See time, pace, time of day, elevation and your location in both coordinate types.
• Dual-Format GPS: Dual-format GPS coordinates with latitude and longitude references offer unparalleled situational awareness.