We are South Sound’s premier source for all things Giant, Liv, Norco, BMC, Cervélo, Pivot, Moots, Shimano, SRAM, Campagnolo, and Assos. Look for our iconic, centrally-located storefront in the heart of bustling 6th Avenue, Tacoma. We strive to serve our entire community with the most technical experience, skill, and passion for cycling that the city has to offer. Our philosophy is simple: More butts on bikes. It doesn’t matter if you are a first-time or seasoned rider, we take great pride in helping you find the right bike to meet your needs and goals as a cyclist.
You’re a highly organized, procedural, and thorough individual with an eye for spotting and remedying inefficiencies, skilled in managing small-scale shipping & receiving, while overseeing a rotating inventory and keeping a small space tidy and ship-shape.
We hope you’ll have a passion and love for cycling and the outdoors, as well as a knowledge of cycling and outdoor gear, brands, culture, and community. Any knowledge of skis or knowledge of/interest in ski tech work would be a bonus but is not a requirement.
About the Role
The Warehouse Manager plays a key role in maintaining our day to day store and e-commerce order operations. You'll be responsible for all shipping, receiving, and inventory management at our retail store. To succeed in this position a candidate should be incredibly organized, detail oriented, comfortable with ambiguity (i.e. an independent problem-solver), a great communicator, and able to work well both independently and in a team. Candidates with prior warehouse and/or sales floor experience, especially management may receive highest priority for consideration.
- Receiving incoming products: Checking shipped product against purchase orders and moving them to sales floor
- Fulfilling new orders by regularly checking for online orders and special orders, pulling product from sales floor/warehouse, packaging, and shipping.
- Managing and delegating tasks to the floor staff as needed
- Maintaining warehouse organization by managing backstock of product according to storage plan, developing and evolving storage plan to match forecasted and historical company growth, ensuring warehouse remains clean and organized, managing completion of daily fill in from sales reports and moving any necessary product to sales floor in collaboration with store management team
- Assisting the floor staff team with queries, and other miscellaneous communications
- Handling product returns and warranties by partnering with the sales floor and customer support team to determine the appropriateness of a return/warranty case, returning product to manufacturer, corresponding with customers, and ensuring customers receive appropriate remuneration
This is a predominantly Tuesday to Saturday hourly position, managing a 5-day per week operation. Pay is dependent on experience and ranges from $20-$24/hr.
The duties and responsibilities described are not a comprehensive list and additional tasks may be assigned from time to time as necessitated by business demands. Roles and responsibilities may evolve over the years reflecting the growth and maturity of the company.
To be considered for this position please send your resume and a cover letter detailing your experience with warehouse and inventory responsibilities and why you want to work in the cycling industry to email@example.com. Please put * your name* Application for Warehouse Manager in the subject line of the email with your resume and cover letter attached.